Saturday, October 18, 2014

The influences of King and Queen

Tep Suwannathen
Cause & Effect


The influences of King and Queen

            In Thailand, the King and Queen are the highest position in the country, who are controlling the country and have power above the law. It’s important for the citizen to bow down to the royal family. Most of them look up to royal family base on daily basis to guide them to do the right thing as they say and learn to give back to the country and teach their kids to do the same.


            My grandmother, she used to work with the King as a chief for the hospital. She said it was such an honor for her to be working with the King, normally the people don’t have that opportunity to get to be near the royal family. My grandmother received special title for her name, Lady, or in Thailand we say (Khunying) as someone whom did work for the royal family. She always taught me to do better in school, grow up to be a doctor and give back to the country, unlike my mom who told me just to focus on school and just be a good person. I’d say King and Queen are really important to my grandmother, she opened bakery because of her experienced with the Kind, and that really have big influenced on the rest of the family because my mother have to take over the bakery since my grandmother getting old and the later family generation would know how it originally started. How the King have affect on my grandmother’s images and people would want to come visit, few TV show have come visited also.

            People have to give back to the country, no matter what. If you’re a guy, when you’re fifteen you have to take a military class in school to learn basic stuff about military and then when you’re eighteen you have to serve in military for years, everybody have to, it’s a law. As I went to school which in the palace of the royal family, it’s really all about King & Queen and how lucky I am to be able to go to that school because normal people don’t get to go without knowing someone there or have parents works there. People taught to be bow to the royal family from generation to generation so they wouldn’t get to choose to like them or not, if you’re against them then you would get in trouble. I think it’s unfair for people not having their freedom of speech, I think people deserve to say whatever they’d like. Everywhere you go you would see the pictures of King and Queen in a nice frame pin it on the wall, every house, every restaurant, even in a movie theater before the movie started it would be a short music video praising to the royal family. That is how important the royal family is to the people even some of them donate their money to the King even though he’s the richest men in the country. People don’t realize that they’re being brain washed and have no freedom to say even though you don’t agree with King and Queen control.

            The politic in Thailand is really critical, Corruption is the big deal. The new government trying to take over the King and Queen. Most people don’t realize its about the time that the new generation take over control, the older generation still stay with the King and Queen as of my grandmother, and my aunt who love the royal family and they would bake the cake for the royal family every new year and it would be on the news at night. My mom would told me to help her taking care of her business when I grow up so the business would keep going and it would represent my grandmother’s work to be all about royal family.

            I grew up looking up to the King, from my family telling me to, from what he have done to the people, how he have huge impact on my family. I didn’t care much as a little kid, but all I know was just to behave good for the royal family. As I grew up, I started to have my own thought and think that King and Queen are not that special but doesn’t mean I am against them. On my daily basis I’m just doing what is right for me and people around me. When I came to the United States, I realize that it’s not that critical here about the president. Everybody have freedom of speech of what to say, I learned that I could be anybody that I wanted to be, don’t have to care about the government, how everybody are open-minded to the country and around the world.

           


6 comments:

  1. It is very interesting story. I finished military service in Korea for two years. How was the military training ? Was it fun ?? I was not that fun ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corruption in China is also a big problem whick is not resolved. The China has a five-thoudans-year history of empire, same as many Asian contries. The country who has a king as well is Japan and Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is an interesting story. how was the military training. is that fun. what did you need to do during the training

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your grandmother used to work with the king that is awesome, you must be very proud of her and now because of her you wrote this essay. By the way, your story is completely nice and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eassy is very intersting. I didnt know there are king in Thailand. Have you seen them by face to face?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard about that event. However, I have the similar case in my country, China. Power people always control their country.

    ReplyDelete