Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hard Challenge

Hard Challenge
On September 19, 1985, a magnitude 8.0 earthquake rocked Mexico City, causing one of the strongest devastations of recent times. The earthquake caused landslides, rockslides, opened cracks in the ground, and about sixty percent of the buildings were destroyed. After the earthquake, my father had to pass one of the biggest challenges of his life of losing his job and his house.

After the earthquake, my father had to buy a new house and find another job. As a result, my father for a long time was completely different. For example, he was sad, disappointed and worried, but his main concern was his family because he had to support them. After, my father saw his house destroyed he felt like ten years of hard work, efforts and sacrifice had disappeared in a few seconds. However, every time my father describes his house, he always says it was very big, with a big back yard and a balcony outside of his room. The house had glass windows, with colors of blue and white walls. In the basement, my father had his office with a huge ping pong table. Even though my father lost all his material things, he the still had my mother's love which for him was the most important thing.

Another effect of the earthquake was that my father was out of work, so few months after my father found a new job. It was not easy he said, but with a lot of sacrifice and effort he finally was recovering what he had lost, like his house and his job. My father thought, that it would be a hard challenge to work again for one of the best companies of lawyers in Mexico City, especially because at that time a lot of people were trying to find a job. For my father, it was a big challenge but not impossible. Finally one day, while my father was having breakfast, the phone rang. It was the manager of the company that my father used to work, and he asked my father if he would like to recover his job at the same company. My father was very nervous, but at the same time very excited, so he said yes immediately. After that call, my father's life changed once again because he began working as a lawyer.

After the earthquake I learned so much, and how hard it was for my father losing everything in a few seconds, but at the same time I felt very proud of my father because he experienced that big challenge. Even though my father has everything again, I can see my father's pain in his eyes. I still can hear his broken voice talking about the earthquake and I can see his hands still shake. I also felt very sad because I couldn't believe such devastation. I am glad that my father is happy again, but at the same time I think he will never going to forget that day. I am also thankful to having my father with me now, and all  my father  lost was material things.

Mexico City may have had one of the strongest devastations in 1985, and causing such devastation. Also, the effects of the earthquake were particularly devastating and many people became homeless. That day, the earthquake left my father without job and without house, but for him it was just one of the biggest challenges that he ever had to experienced.


         

1 comment:

  1. I heard about it from my sister's boyfriend. He used to live in Mexico City when he was really young and he said that the earthquake experience was the unforgettable. Even if he was young but he still remembered that he was freaked out.
    (P.S- You had better change the letter color. Its hard to see lol )

    ReplyDelete